The successful candidate will prepare portions of contract proposal estimates for one or more disciplines, including the determination of applicable project plans and specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Support other department personnel as required, may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Work with the marketing group to finalize documents for proposals.
- Other duties, responsibilities, or activities may be assigned at any time.
A strong understanding of spreadsheets, Timberline database, Trimble (WinEst), and on-screen take-off techniques is required.
Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience. Two to five years estimating, controls and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction. Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential.