We seek a talented professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our Temecula, California office. The candidate will enjoy working on multiple projects in varying capacities, both on project jobsites and in the office, with limited oversight while gaining valuable real-world experience. More specific details are described below.
- Manage assigned projects with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism
- Meet budget and delivery timeframes while ensuring client satisfaction.
- Review and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Monitor construction work and directing contractors on project sites.
- Conduct constructability reviews.
- Monitor and assess construction performance and/or activities to ensure compliance with construction documents and applicable codes.
- Prepare detailed reports auditing construction projects and/or documents.
- Inspect properties and buildings.
- Assist in project schedule creation, management and analysis.
- Review and interpret building codes.
- Assist with quantity takeoffs and cost estimating.
- Assist with file setup and filing.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on project sites, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, and contractors.
- Travel and/or field work as required.
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from managers.
- Able to conform to deadlines, both internally and externally driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management preferred.
- EIT certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of construction experience.
- Candidates should be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings.
- Comfortable working in a consultant setting, assuming ownership of projects and performing work with minimal oversight.
- Tracking your time and monitor activities against a budget.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting.
- Requires excellent technology, computer, and document management proficiencies.
- Estimating skills are a plus.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera Contract Management a plus.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera P6 a plus.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites.
- Travel and/or field work locally will be required – including valid Driver License in good standing and reliable transportation.
- Travel outside region as required on a limited basis.