To prepare accurate, timely and detailed permit and construction estimates for all assigned projects. Reports to the Regional Vice President, Preconstruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that complete and accurate material take-offs are performed for all items of work in a timely fashion.
- Prepare all scope sheets for potential bidders.
- Collect and scope-check all subcontractor quotes.
- Prepare complete budgets for projects from conceptual design through 90% CD documents.
- Assemble, maintain and monitor a qualified bidders list for projects. Coordinate with Project Managers on the maintenance of bidders/contractors list for their projects.
- Use critical thinking skills to problem solve issues on projects during design and construction.
- Assist Project Manager in selecting the vendors and subcontractors who will perform the work.
- Coordinate estimating process with the project team.
- Read and understand all construction documents including plans, specifications and soil reports.
- Verify that all bidders have received and used the latest set of construction documents.
- Provide quantity take-off information to field operations. 3. NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Provide feedback on value engineering issues.
- Train Estimators in department procedures.
- Attend design team and construction meeting as required.
- Perform other functions as directed by supervisor.
- Provide feedback on project pricing issues.
- Assist Project Manager by providing data to facilitate purchasing.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- EDUCATION: • Bachelor’s degree in construction management, mathematics or business related field.
- LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: None
- RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: 10 or more years
- Must have worked in multi-family construction in estimating departments.
- Familiar with different types of estimating software
- Must be familiar with construction estimating procedures, preferably multi-family construction. Should possess knowledge of estimating software, preferably Timberline Estimating and On Center On-Screen Takeoff.