Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses the ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Inspects construction site daily and works with contractors to schedule deliveries
- Demonstrates understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures within construction field
- Interprets designs and drawings for crafts installing materials
- Reviews, analyzes and resolves field construction problems, discrepancies and interference within area of discipline with A/E supervision, client, and other contractors as required
- Prepares designs for field build forms, shoring, trays, hangers, pads, etc., as required. Researches vendor data for customized products as needed
- Reviews and approves field design change requests prepared by field and area engineers
- Updates field work procedure documents as required and researches and interprets Codes, technical manuals, journals, etc. as needed
- Reviews A/E supplied drawings and purchases order specifications to ensure that vendor has adequate information to supply required field furnished material, field furnished material has been ordered, and delivery dates support schedule
- Provides technical direction and supervision to engineering personnel. Provides review of A/E design documents for construction feasibility
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline
- Trains lower level Project Engineers in quality control procedures
- Monitors subcontractor and company progress in resolving quality control issues. Monitors subcontractor compliance with quality control process
- Reviews RFI log status to minimize aging issue impacts
- Reviews submittals for LEED compliance
- Reviews mock-ups and/or shop drawings and insures compliance with work in progress
- Verifies the accuracy of NCR/DR/FOR logs
- Verifies the accuracy of Procurement and Concrete logs
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of discipline, construction technology, design, applicable codes, standards, etc., required
- Analyzes and resolves complex engineering problems and effectively communicates and interfaces with all levels of personnel
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communications and team skills
- Performs work tasks by receiving direction and then working independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities
- Demonstrates ability to be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough. Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks accurately in a compressed time frame
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations to include health, safety, and welfare as appropriate
Required Job Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills
- Project management of development initiatives
- Possess strong planning, budgeting, staffing, marketing and presentation skills
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Office Systems; Excel, Word and Outlook, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Prolog or similar software required.
- Advanced blueprint reading ability required.
- Advanced understanding of scheduling, estimating and cost software required.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD product line is required.
- Advanced skill level of On Screen Takeoff (OST) or similar software required.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Working knowledge of surveying techniques and equipment, assigned discipline design and overall engineering standards is necessary.